Our 100% Chinese Immersion Programme at EtonHouse Zhong Hua is so well-loved by parents, we have decided to offer this programme at the Vanda, Robertson Walk and Mountbatten 718 campuses too.
An inquiry curriculum delivered exclusively in Mandarin, this programme lays a strong foundation in the language from a very young age.
Every day, children are exposed to the language for an extended period in school. This exclusive Chinese-speaking environment, which many do not have at home, is essential in giving children a strong foundation in the language.
Robertson Walk campus also offer the option of a bilingual programme in Chinese or Japanese.
Cultivating a genuine love for the language
On top of developing a life-long competence and interest in the language, our programme aims to develop an appreciation of the Chinese culture, as well as to nurture globally-focused and culturally competent children. Cultural immersion is, therefore, a critical part of our Chinese programme and includes elements such as calligraphy, Chinese performing arts and inquiry projects on Chinese traditions, to name a few.
- Native speaking educators
- Inquiry-based curriculum inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Learning Mandarin by immersing in a Chinese environment and integrating the 100 Languages
- Multi-cultural experiences with regular festive celebrations
75% Inquiry-based activities (Inquire-Think-Learn Curriculum)
We emphasize Chinese culture and language through the Inquire-Think-Learn approach using current themes and the 100 languages. Some examples include:
- Art (Shadow play, Chinese knotting, embroidery)
- Performing Arts (Puppet show, Chinese musical instruments, Chinese opera, Traditional folk art, Crosstalk, Two-man act, etc)
- Sports and Games (Traditional acrobatics, Bamboo dance, Kungfu).
25% Chinese Language Arts
Mandarin nursery rhymes, poems and stories are integrated into creative learning experiences. Depending on the year level, children can experience language arts activities such as:
- Language Arts (Nursery Rhymes, Tongue twisters, Clapper talk, Reading and recitation of Chinese poetry)
- Art (Traditional Chinese painting, Chinese calligraphy)
- Performing Arts (Peking Opera, Comedic cross talk)
Launching the Mandarin Immersion Programme at EtonHouse Vanda!
Mandarin Immersion is now offered at EtonHouse Vanda starting January 2022 for Pre-Nursery.
Register your interest to find out more.